The Secretariat is the central coordinating office of VAEAI.
The Secretariat employs staff to specialise in the following areas: early childhood, schools, higher education, community engagement and policy/research.
The Secretariat role includes:
- Support of LAECGs
- Community Engagement
- Preparation of documentation as directed by the VAEAI Representative Council,
- Project and strategy development as directed by the VAEAI Representative Council,
- Development of research and policy advice,
- Liaison with Government Departments and their officials, and
- Reporting to Government Departments in response to service agreements.
The Secretariat staff are involved in the day to day functions of the VAEAI office.
Each year VAEAI produces an Annual Report.